Home

2006 Ford Freestyle reliability

Used 2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews - 177 Car

Our 2006 Freestlye had 65,000 miles on it. Just paid it off. Transmission died without any warning. Dead in the middle of the street Rating breakdown (out of 5): Comfort 4.6. Interior design 4.2. Performance 4.0. Value for the money 4.0. Exterior styling 4.3. Reliability 4.2. Explore the 2006 Freestyle Ford. Shop the 2006.

2006 Ford Freestyle Consumer Reviews Cars

2006 Ford Freestyle Electrical Parts | Switches, Sensors

Displaying 9 reviews for 2006 Ford Freestyle . Great Overall Vehicle — Great vehicle, bought it when I started a family and I couldn't have asked for a more reliable car. Maintained it in great condition and kept the interior and exterior clean. The navigation system is a life savor. Great car 2006 Ford Freestyle Reviews and Ratings Wagon 4D SEL AWD . CHANGE CAR Consumer Reviews. 4.5. overall. Reliability. Interior. Exterior. Driving Dynamics. See other trim levels. View Pictures. Write a Review. 3 Reviews. Sort by: Nick February 26, 2019. 5.

Used 2005 Ford Values - NADAguides

Routine maintenance, most wear items, recalls, and problems fixed with just a reflash or warning light reset are not included. 2005 - 2006 Ford Freestyle Ford Freestyle 2005 - 2006 212.5 37.5 63 2005 - 2006 Ford Freestyle: excellent reliability in TrueDelta's member survey 52. Year and Model. % of Average Repair Frequency Freestyle owners have made 421 complaints over 3 model years. Using our PainRank ™ system we've ranked it 36th in overall reliability out of 42 Ford models, with real transmission and engine concerns. What Freestyle Owners Complain About Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are Owner Reviews For Reliability Ranks #12 Compact SUV by Fuel Economy The 2006 Ford Freestyle has a combined MPG of 24 which ranks it #12 of 19 other Compact SUVs. 2006 Scion x

2006 Ford Freestyle. 01/17/2016. Good Car. We bought the car (used) in 2008, and have raised the mileage by 8-fold in 7.5 years. Beyond the normal service anticipated with any motor unit, the car has been very dependable. In general, we've had Fords for over 30 years, and all have run well. Recommended Learn more about the 2006 Ford Freestyle. Get 2006 Ford Freestyle values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you Get reliability information for the 2005 Ford Freestyle from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge

2006 Ford Freestyle Review & Ratings Edmund

1. 2 2006 Ford Freestyle owners reviewed the 2006 Ford Freestyle with a rating of 3.7 overall out of 5
  2. PPMY Index and Problem Occurrence Trend. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year.The total sales of the 2006 Ford Freestyle in the United States are 55,029 units .If the total number of problems reported by Ford Freestyle owners in the last 15 years is 1645.
  3. The 2006 Ford Freestyle has 23 problems reported for transmission failure. Average repair cost is $5,380 at 110,250 miles. (Page 1 of 2
  4. November 2006. The most current edition of Motor Trend is stating that the Ford D471 and the Lincoln D472 will come in and run parallel with the Freestyle for 1 year. Then the Freestyle will be discontinued. The current CVT is not capable (see link in previous post) of handling higher levels of torque
  5. 23 problems related to transmission failure have been reported for the 2006 Ford Freestyle. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2006 Ford Freestyle based on all problems reported for the 2006 Freestyle

1. Ford Freestyle Questions by Year. 2005 Ford Freestyle questions. (95) View all. 2006 Ford Freestyle questions. (67
  2. Lineup. The 2006 Ford Freestyle comes in three trim levels, SE, SEL and Limited. Each is available with all-wheel drive. All have the same 3.0-liter V6 engine rated at 203 horsepower
  3. Overall: 1 4 5. Freestyle 2005 — This is a nice family car with lots of room. It has fair pick-up on acceleration and brakes well. The low profile gives it good handling in wind and stable ride on most any surface. The major weakness here is that the drive train is not on par with the weight of the vehicle
  4. Part of the reason for this CVTs reliability is the fact that it is a chain-driven unit, very similar in design to those used by Porsche. Unlike cheaper belt-drive CVTs (originally designed for lawn tractors and golf carts), the chain-drive CVT cannot slip while transferring power, using a set of expanding and contracting gears to vary ratio
  5. 2006 Ford Freestyle - Old reliable Overall, I think this has been a great car for me. I really like how much space it has, which is useful in many situations. The space allows up to seven people to fit in the car, but the seats can also fold down so that a good deal of cargo can fit as well
  6. In CARFAX Used Car Listings, you can find a used 2006 Ford Freestyle for sale from $2,995 to $6,499. The average selling price of this vehicle on CARFAX is $4,977. Is the 2006 Ford Freestyle a good car? CARFAX used car owners give the 2006 Ford Freestyle 4.9 stars out of 5, with a total of 8 reviews

See pricing for the Used 2006 Ford Freestyle SEL Sport Utility 4D. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2006 Ford Freestyle SEL Sport Utility 4D. View local. 2005 Ford Freestyle. by Blazing17 on 11-08-2012. Family Perfection. Vehicle is good if you have a larger family. It can be a bit hard on the fuel budget at times, but if you are not worried about fuel. This is a great vehicle for longer trips as is has all the necessities for a confortable trip

2006 Ford Freestyle Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) sort by date. TSB Date. Problem Area. TSB Text. 08/01/17. NHTSA ID: 10109070. TSB ID: SSM 46085. The powertrain control/emissions diagnosis (pc/ed) manual has been revised for diagnosing electronic throttle bodies (etbs). the etc_act and etc_dsd pids should not used to diagnose possible etb. Unsurprisingly, it finished fifth--of five. For over $4000 less, the Freestyle SEL hits 60 in 8.2, hugs the skidpad for 0.77 g, and sports a roomier third row that can be comfortably inhabited by.

2006 Ford Freestyle Reviews by Owners - Vehicle Histor

I've had my 2006 AWD Freestyle since 21 January 2006. It now has just about 25,000 miles on it. My daily commute is just a bit over 185 miles. I drive all of I-66 in Northern VA from I-81 into DC. The Freestyle and CVT have been just about perfect for my commute. It is the most comfortable car I have ever owned 2006 Freestyle: 55, 11 2005 Freestyle: 62, 3 Next updates in November and in February. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be. For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information: Ford Freestyle reliability ratings and comparison 2006 ford freestyle with cvt. Close. 1. Posted by 3 years ago. Archived. 2006 ford freestyle with cvt. I have a chance to buy one that is in great shape with 72,000 miles for $2500. Thoughts on the reliability/ longevity of this transmission? 9 comments. share. save. hide. report. 67% Upvoted. This thread is archived. New comments cannot be. After exhaustive research, we came upon the Freestyle. The reliability of the engine, the 3rd row spaciousness, the versatility, the AWD, the refinement and the price point on these used are their biggest pros. Love the space and the versatility! Very refined interior for a Ford. Plenty of cubbies and cup holders Ford Freestar Reliability Problems. Freestar owners have made 314 complaints over 4 model years. Using our PainRank™ system we've ranked it 31st in overall reliability out of 42 Ford models, with real transmission and engine concerns

The Ford Freestyle has a Haldex AWD System, here is quick description of the system. The second generation of Haldex coupling is an electronically controlled permanent 4x4 system with a Haldex differential calculating how much drive should be directed to the rear wheels. The Haldex system automatically distributes power between the front and. Ford decided in 2008 to drop the CVT for a 6 speed auto, and swap out the 3.0 to a 3.5. The Freestyle got a name change also in 2008, to Taurus X. The same drivetrain & platform that was in the Taurus x is in the current Ford Flex. The new Ford Explorer runs on a stretched version of the same D3 platform, using the same tranny and the Ecoboost. The Ford 500 sold from 2005 to 2007 and came with options for two different transmissions. One was a six-speed automatic transmission installed in the SEL and Limited front-drive models, but the other was a continuously variable transmission, or CVT, used in the SE front-drive model and in all of the all-wheel drive Ford 500s, as well as in all of the Ford Freestyle crossovers Also optional were power-adjustable pedals, a second-row bench (increasing seating capacity to seven), rear parking sensors and, for 2006 and '07 models, a navigation system. For the Freestyle's final model year, Ford realigned the trim levels and discontinued the SE. Functionality was the guiding principle behind the Ford Freestyle's cabin

Quality & Reliability. Driving Experience. Resale Value. 2006 Toyota Highlander. 86 89 81 84 2006 Toyota 4Runner 2006 Ford Freestyle. 82 83 79 N/A 2006 Ford Explorer. 81 80 81 82 2006 Nissan Murano. 81 79. 2006: First year of ownership: 2007: Most recent year of ownership: 2011: Engine and transmission: 3.0 V6 / CVT Automatic: Performance marks: 6 / 10: Reliability marks: 6 / 10: Comfort marks: 8 / 10: Dealer Service marks: 3 / 10: Running Costs (higher is cheaper) 7 / 10: Overall marks (average of all marks) 6.0 / 10: Distance when acquired: 7. 2006 ford freestyle . looking to change out the other oil in the car. 75w 90 mobile one synthetic . I know that it is hars to do but tapping a 1/8 th hole in each will drain it easily but how do you f read mor 2,361 satisfied customers. Ford Freestyle SE Ford dealer says engine mount is broken. Ford dealer says engine mount is broken on 2006 Ford Freestyle. Cost to repair is $390. I don't trust this dealer. How to tell if this truely needs to be read more. George H. Technician. Associate Degree Compare 2006 Ford Freestyle Front End Shocks and Struts brands. Check prices & reviews on aftermarket & stock parts for your 2006 Freestyle Front End Shocks and Struts. Order your parts online or pick them up in-store at your local Advance Auto Parts

2006 Ford Freestyle - User Reviews - CarGuru

The Ford Freestyle is a crossover wagon that was sold between the 2005 and 2007 model years. A companion to the Five Hundred sedan, both vehicles and also the Mercury Montego sedan, were some of. 2006 Ford Freestyle Colors. Expert Rating. Not Available. Unlike other websites and magazines, our ratings are not based solely on a singular road test, but rather a more encompassing batch of criteria: quality, safety, comfort, performance, fuel economy, reliability history and value. safety, comfort, performance, fuel economy, reliability. The 2005 Ford Freestyle has 2171 problems & defects reported by Freestyle owners. The worst complaints are transmission, engine, and brakes problems

Image: 2003 Ford Taurus 4-door Wagon SEL Deluxe Angular

The 2006 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln Zephyr feature a version of the Duratec 30 utilizing variable valve timing.The VVT is a RFF engine derived from the Mazda MZI and does not have the mechanical buckets as on the Lincoln LS version. [citation needed]The engine has an output of 221 bhp (165 kW; 224 PS) at 6250 rpm, and 205 lb⋅ft (278 N⋅m) of torque at 4800 rpm 2006 Ford Freestyle Photos. Expert Rating. Not Available. Unlike other websites and magazines, our ratings are not based solely on a singular road test, but rather a more encompassing batch of criteria: quality, safety, comfort, performance, fuel economy, reliability history and value. safety, comfort, performance, fuel economy, reliability.

The Ford Freestar is a minivan that was manufactured by the Ford Motor Company from 2004 until November 2006. It replaced the Ford Windstar for the 2004 model year. The name change accommodated Ford's strategy to rename all their cars to words beginning in F.The Freestar and its twin, the Mercury Monterey, were built in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.. The Freestar can accommodate up to seven. 2006 Ford Freestar Review: The Freestar was the best van for me and my family. It had better exterior styling than the Chevrolet Uplander or the Venture. It also had a more refined interior than the Chevy vans. It was more comfort table and versatile and fit in with our life styles more. Rate this review

Lineup. The 2006 Ford Freestyle comes in three trim levels, SE, SEL and Limited. Each is available with all-wheel drive. All have the same 3.0-liter V6 engine rated at 203 horsepower Quarter Quarter Horsepower 0-60 mph 35-55 mph 55-80 mph Mile Mile Speed Ford Freestyle 8.65 sec. 279 ft. 677 ft. 16.65 sec. 87.0 mph Limited AWD NOTE: Based on AMCI-certified testing (2005 model). Although data shown is based on 2005 model year, no significant performance enhancements were made to Freestyle for 2006 Ford replaced the ZF-Ford CVT transmissions with their own Ford-GM designed 6 speed transmission due to cost and maximum engine torque capacity limitations, not because of issues with the robotics or software problems. The CVT transmission in the MINI was manufactured by ZF in Belgium. Reliability was the biggest issue BMW had with their CVT

2006 Ford Freestyle Wagon 4D SEL AWD Expert Reviews

Freestyle 6-cyl. 85,000 miles. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that when the transmission was shifted to the drive position, the contact noticed an abnormal noise underneath the vehicle. The power train warning light illuminated. The contact also stated that while driving, the vehicle would lunge forward We traded our 2002 Ford Explorer for an 2007 FWD Freestyle SEL about eight months ago. This is a terrific vehicle in styling, comfort, utility, performance, and reliability. The first time my sister took it on a long road trip she called enroute to ask if I thought the gas gauge was faulty

my ford freestyle 2006 with 30,000 k miles had a transmission failure with my daughter driving on an 5 lane inter-state highway when it failed and lost power. my daughter had to navigate 3 lanes of traffic as the car was stopping. thank god she got safely off the roadway. she could have been killed Designed as a replacement for your worn-out fuel system part Will help optimize your vehicle's performance and fuel efficiency. $12.68. WIX® Filter Clip. 0. # mpn615964364. Ford Freestyle Canada Built / USA Built 2006, Filter Clip by WIX®. The fuel filter is often the forgotten filter Ford Freestyle 2006, Alternator Connector by WVE®. Replace your worn-out or faulty component with this quality replacement from WVE. This product is designed and tested to ensure the ultimate in durability and functionality A new model in 2005, the Ford Freestyle enters 2006 with only very minor changes. Silver Birch Metallic exterior paint replaces Silver Frost; and a navigation system with Audiophile Sound is available on the Limited. It includes GPS navigation, a six-CD/MP3 player, multi-speaker audio with powered subwoofer, and a touch-screen display

We currently carry 17 Ignition Coil products to choose from for your 2006 Ford Freestyle, and our inventory prices range from as little as $37.12 up to $89.60. On top of low prices, Advance Auto Parts offers 10 different trusted brands of Ignition Coil products for the 2006 Ford Freestyle 2006 Ford freestyle Is a very well kept used van runs and drives perfect ac heat everything works has 3rd row seating with clean cloth grey interior. Good vehicle for some one simply in need of reliability doesn't need anything mechanically at all has no warning lights on dash no leakage tires are fairly new 2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 6 Cyl 3.0L FWD. 2006 Ford Freestyle SE 6 Cyl 3.0L FWD. 2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 6 Cyl 3.0L FWD. Product Details. Location : Front Driver And Passenger Side Recommended Use : OE Replacement Condition : New. See All Products Details. DSS®. Front Driver and Passenger Side Axle Assembly - New Automatic Transmission 3.0L CVT AWD Fits 05-07 FREESTYLE 292258 (Fits: Ford Freestyle) $1,173.99. $175.00 shipping

2006 Ford five hundred cvt transmission problems2020 Ford Escape Review | CARFAX Vehicle ResearchD-Motoring - 05-09 Ford Freestyle Taurus X Third Brake2006 Ford Escape Steering Parts | Racks, Pumps, Columns

Ford Freestyle Reliability by Model Generation TrueDelt

Ford Freestyle. Ford Freestyle is a 5 seater hatchback car available at a price range of Rs. 7.27 Lakh to 9.02 Lakh in India. It is available in 6 variants and 6 colours. Ford Freestyle comes with. 2006 Ford Freestyle Limited 6 Cyl 3.0L. 2006 Ford Freestyle SEL 6 Cyl 3.0L. Product Details. Location : Firewall And Radiator Side Components : (1) Driver Side Catalytic Converter, (1) Passenger Side Catalytic Converter Emissions : 46-State Legal (Cannot ship to CA, CO, NY or ME) Recommended Use : OE Replacement Quantity Sold : Set of 2 Tube. Buy a 2006 Ford Freestyle Alternator at discount prices. Choose top quality brands AC Delco, API, BBB Industries, Bosch, CARQUEST, Denso, Motorcraft, Pure Energy. 2006 Ford Escape. 2006 Ford Escape. MSRP. $19,380 - $28,525. FUEL ECONOMY (CITY/HWY) 19-36 / 23-31 mpg. Get quotes Powered by. Get a free dealer quote. Receive free local dealer price quotes and. Buy a 2006 Ford Freestyle Automatic Transmission Oil Cooler at discount prices. Choose top quality brands Action Crash, CSF, Dorman, Four Seasons, Hayden, Replacement, SKP, TYC

What's Wrong with the Ford Freestyle

it is manufactured from tough plastic material to ensure that it matches oe standards and reliability. item is with 2 years limited trustbuilt warranty. notes: with grille provision; replaces oe number 5f9z17d957aac, front, upper: fits: 2006 ford freestyle limited, se, sel: 6cyl 3.0l: brand: trustbuilt: part number: tbtf010348p Hitch Recommendation for Bike Rack on 2006 Ford Freestyle I would recommend that you get a Class 3 hitch with a 2 inch receiver for your vehicle. The Class 3 hitch will provide the most versatility and options for towing and hauling The Ford Five Hundred and Ford Freestyle share the same chassis. To complete your towing setup with part # 36360, you may be interested in the following items: Class II Drawbar, part # 36071 1-7/8 Inch Hitch Ball, part # 19256 2 Inch Hitch Ball, part # 19258 T-One Vehicle Wiring Harness, part # 118395 Pin. Ford Freestyle 2005-2007 4 Door, Chrome Door Handle Covers - w/o Passenger Keyhole. 68124B. Chrome Door Handles Fit 2005 2006 2007 Ford Freestyle, 4, W/O PASSENGER KEYHOLE. MSRP: $52.49

2006 Ford Freestyle Read Owner and Expert Reviews

Last year we purchased a Certified Pre Owned 2006 Ford Freestyle. It has been a great car. We wanted something reliable, smaller than a full size SUV, but with room for three kids and luggage. The Freestyle fit the bill. It is the perfect size, and with Ford's recent reliability ratings we decided to get one The 2006 Ford F-150 Truck is a great truck to drive. I encountered a very nice sales person at the local Ford dealer to test drive this truck. The 2006 Ford F-150 Truck is an automatic, with a 4.6L V8 engine. I liked that the truck. 2006 ford freestyle strongly surged/lunged a distance of 5 feet forward from stop immediately after putting vehicle in gear and with foot on the brakes. If a pedestrian or other vehicle had been in front of the car, we would have hit the pedestrian or vehicle. The same has happened countless times in both forward and reverse Ford Buyers Guide -- 2006 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD pricing, mpg, engine, transmission As for their reliability, the Five Hundred got an average used car verdict for 2005 and 2006 (3 out of 5), while the Freestyle got a below average (2 out of 5) for 2005 and average for 2006. Personally, while I wouldn't praise a car for having average reliability, I wouldn't caution people against buying it either

2006 Ford Freestyle Reviews - Verified Owner

I have a 2006 Ford freestyle with 151000 on it it makes a weird noise when I'm Turing kinda like a pump but both Power steering pump and power steering rack have been replaced what do u think I should do and what do u think I should do to keep it running good and what do u think of the cvt transmission Ford Freestyle CVT transmission 07-28-2009, 02:23 PM. Anyone have an insights into this transmission? not so much the reliability. wouldnt the mpg be about the same regardless of who makes them? and ford doesnt MAKE the trans do they? arent they typically made by an oem vendor Mar 2006; Posts: 9874; Share Tweet #15. 07-29-2009, 01:14 PM.

2006 Ford Freestyle Values & Cars for Sale Kelley Blue Boo

Does anyone have any insight into the reliability of the CVT that Ford is installing in the Freestyle and 500? I understand it is the same or similar to a CVT used by Audi. My daughter is thinking about buying a Freestyle and is concerned about the transmission. Thanks for any information. CVT's are still emerging technology for the most part 2007 Ford Freestyle. I've driven all the above vehicles and honestly like them all. I was heavily shopping the Evora for its reliability and cheap maintenance (Camry V6 engine), but then realized for $5-$10k more I could pick up a clean first gen R8. Then when I looked at R8s i realized for the same money i could get an i8 (not as fast as. ford: freestyle: 7-2-21: 2006 : lincoln: zephyr: 7-2-21: 2007: ford: fusion: 7-2-21: 2005: ford: f150: 7-2-21: 1996: ford: aerostar: 7-2-21: 2006: ford: focus: 7-2-21: Search Our Full Inventory. We Also Sell Used Cars & Trucks At The. We pride ourselves on stocking an impressive inventory lineup of quality used cars, trucks, and SUVs that is. The console and rear armrest both offer dual cup holders. Crown Victoria is powered by a 4.6-liter, single-overhead-cam V-8 engine that develops 224 horsepower at 4,800 rpm and 275 pound-feet of.

2005 Ford Freestyle Reliability - Consumer Report

The Car Guide Vehicles for sale 2006 Ford Freestyle SEL - AS Traded. Vehicles for sale - Pre-owned. 2006 Ford Freestyle SEL - AS Traded Reliability: 8/10: Winter driving: 9/10: Comfort: 8/10. Other years: 2007 2006 2005. Go. 2005 Ford Freestyle. TRIM MSRP. Fair Market Price Used Car Value for 2006 Ford Freestyle in Canada. HD Diesel V8 (Chevy/GM/Ford) 2775: HD towing equipment: 75: FREESTYLE Recalls Province Adjustments Reliability Rankings Certified Programs Financing Save on Insurance Buying a Used Car New Car Pricing. CarProof is now CARFAX Canada

Ford 3.0L Duratec 30 Engine. The Duratec 30, also known as the Mondeo V6 or the Mazda AJ engine is a 3.0-liter naturally aspirated six-cylinder from Ford Motor used to power midsize cars and sport utility vehicles, also known as SUVs. Featuring a dual overhead cam (DOHC) design, in a V configuration, the Ford Duratec 30 engine has been part of. The Ford Windstar (later the Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey) is a minivan that was produced and sold by Ford.The replacement for the Ford Aerostar, the Windstar adopted the front-wheel drive configuration of the Chrysler minivans.From the 1995 to 2007 model years, three generations of the model line were sold, with the final generation renamed as the Ford Freestar 2006 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - Rating: Not Recommended - Consumers rated 2006 Ford Escape in the bottom 13% of 2006 model year vehicles. Read what real owners of 2006 Ford Escape are saying about their Escape, and write your own review