Home

Why is my Canon camera not connecting to my computer Mac

MacBook Pro not finding Canon camera - Apple Communit

1. When I plug my Canon camera into my MacBook Pro it doesn't show up in devices or anywhere in the finder. I looked in the system profiler and it recognizes that a Canon is plugged into the USB port, but I can't figure out how to access it. Any ideas? Little background - This is a brand new MBP and I installed the software updates
  2. If nothing happens when you connect your digital camera, try the following: Make sure the USB or USB-C cable is properly connected to your camera and the computer. If your computer has another USB port, try plugging the cable into it. Check your camera to make sure it's turned on and set to the correct mode for importing photos
  3. Do not connect the camera via a hub; doing so may prevent EOS Utility and your camera from communicating normally. If there is insufficient charge left in the camera battery, the camera cannot communicate with EOS Utility. In this case, replace the battery with a charged one, or use an AC adapter kit ACK-E18 (Separately available).Your computer.

If nothing happens when you connect a camera to your Mac

Do not connect the camera via a hub; doing so may prevent EOS Utility and your camera from communicating normally. If there is insufficient charge left in the camera battery, the camera cannot communicate with EOS Utility. In this case, replace the battery with a charged one, or use an AC adapter kit ACK-E6 (Separately available).Your computer. You can check if your computer is detecting the webcam properly. To do so, click the Apple menu at the top left, and then click About.. Click System Report, and then select Camera in the sidebar. You should see something like FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in) listed, along with a bunch of numbers and model IDs It sounds like the camera is connecting to the new MacBook. Be aware that if you have previously downloaded photos in the cameras to your old desktop Mac, then the camera will not make them available for downloading a second time. By default, the camera will only download new image files The problem, Windows 10 not recognizing Canon camera, can be either related to the hardware or software. You might have uploaded the incorrect version of EOS Utility software for the Canon device. Also, Windows cannot detect the Canon camera when USB drivers are corrupt or outdated When using macOS, navigate to the Apple icon in the Menu bar and choose About This Mac -> System Information -> USB section. In case your camera is not listed, refresh the list. If the camera is still not listed, some hardware issue is likely to be there

Canon Knowledge Base - The camera cannot be connected with

Try connecting the camera to a different USB terminal. If there are multiple USB terminals on your computer, connecting the cable to a different USB terminal may allow the camera to be recognized by the computer. 2. Try using the Device Manage Can I connect my camera Canon EOS 600D with my MacPro,10.8 without install Canons Solution disk.v24.1 (wich is not possible)? Cable packege say´s; be sure to install the driver software from the enclosed CD-ROM before connecting the camera to your computer

There was no indication on the Mac that it knew the camera was connected. Apparently there is a limit on either number of folders or total size of files that the Canon can handle. Deleting folders from the card using a card reader fixed that problem, and I'll just have to be more careful If [ : Wi-Fi/NFC] is set to [Enable], the camera cannot be connected to a computer. Set [Wi-Fi/NFC] to [Disable], then reconnect the camera to a computer with an interface cable. 1. Confirm that the camera is not connected to the computer, and then flip out the camera's monitor and set the camera's power switch to [ON] Confirm that the camera is not connected to the computer, and then set the camera's power switch to <ON>. 2. Press the <MENU> button to display the menu. 3. Change the camera's Auto power off settings. 3-1. Turn the <Main Dial> to select the < > tab, and then turn the <Quick Control Dial> to select [Auto power off]. 3-2

I spent all of my beautiful Saturday afternoon trying to find a way to import photos from my Canon EOS Digital Rebel to my iMac mid-2011 that I recently upgraded to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, only to find out that, according to Apple Support Chat, Canon no longer provides driver or software support for photo transfer from Canon cameras to Apple iMacs under Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Press the [ ], [ ] keys to select [Disable], then press [ ]. 4. Press the [MENU] button to turn off the display on the LCD monitor, and then set the camera's power switch to [OFF]. 5. Connect the large plug of the supplied interface cable into the USB port of your computer. For the location and direction of the USB port, refer to the computer's. Use the USB cable supplied with your camera. Third-party USB cables may not allow the import of images from your camera. Make sure the USB ports on both the camera and computer are not dusty or dirty. Use a soft, dry cloth to remove any dust or debris. Make sure the memory card is properly inserted in the camera

Canon has quietly released a new version of its EOS Utility. The update restores compatibility with macOS Catalina version 10.15.2 and higher. The issue I reported on January 15, 2020, was created by Apple's 10.15.2 update. The next update from Apple did not address the connectivity problem. Tethering restored Canon's EOS Utility 3 and the [ e. Click Get Pictures from Camera if Windows recognized the Canon as a camera to launch the Scanner and Camera Wizard, which will walk you through downloading your photos to your computer and deleting them from your camera.Click Copy Selected Files if Get Pictures is not an option, which will open a dialogue box where you should select the location to which you want to download your. Peter H. I suspect, unfortunately, that you have not been following the explicit instructions (page 55 of the manual), which says the order of connection is computer ON, switch camera OFF, attach USB cord to both devices, switch camera ON. The software on the MBP (iPhoto or Photos, depending on the age of the MBP) will detect the connection and.

Mac Camera Not Working? Here's How to Fix I

1. gInstructions (Mac): https://youtu.be/cybPmzbyU0A?t=3m51sInstructions (Windo..
  2. I have a video in my Canon PowerShot SD300 Digital ELPH camera that does not download into iPhoto. I can watch the video (292mb) in my camera, and iPhoto recognizes that it is there, but does not download it. When I click to download the video, the computer behaves as if it is downloading, but the video does not appear in the library when it is.
  3. Connect your camera to the PC for use as a webcam with 'EOS Webcam Utility'. This might be needed. Restart your PC. If even after closing the 'EOS Utility' app and disabling it from opening up automatically when the camera is connected, the 'EOS Webcam Utility' is not working on your PC, then restart your computer

My pictures won't show up on my computer - Canon Communit

1. I connected the camera to the computer, but the computer does not recognize the camera. Follow the directions below, and see if they solve the problem. Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet
  2. If the camera is set in PRINT/PTP, it will not connect to the computer correctly. This is not the case with the Canon 400 (XTi). 2) Check your usb cable. 3) On the Mac, you need to instruct OSX what to do when the camera is connected. The fact that the camera does not show in Finder suggests either 1 or 2 above is the culprit
  3. Canon. Use a fully charged battery and not a power supply. Some power supplies are known to cause issues. Close EOS Utility. Turn off Wifi mode if available. Set the Mode Dial to Manual (M). Set Live View Shoot. to Enabled. Set Live View shooting AF mode to Quick mode. If using Rebel XT/350D, 20D or EOS 5D, Set the camera to 'PC Connection' mode
  4. d that USB Type-A ports are not reversible, unlike USB Type-C ports, so the cable will only go in one way. If it doesn't insert easily, don't force it in.
  5. A second issue came up much later, when a lot of those Daily folders had accumulated on the card. I connected the camera directly to the computer using a USB cable, but found only a Camera Communication Error message on the camera's display screen. There was no indication on the Mac that it knew the camera was connected
  6. Insert a USB cable into the Canon camera. The port is usually located on the left-hand side of the camera, under a flap. Connect the USB cable to the Mac. Set the camera into Movie Mode if one is.
  7. Connecting a supported camera. Attaching an unsupported camera . In case the suggestions above were not helpful for you, we recommend you to check the following articles as well: Tethering problems: the camera does not connect, frequently disconnects or will not transfer images. Troubleshooting slow tethering performance on macO

How To Connect Canon Camera To Computer.Still, canon has done a very good job supporting cameras that are a few generations you just need to select the appropriate usb connection type when you plug the camera into your computer—use connect one to your pc or mac via usb, then plug your camera in via hdmi, and you'll be able to Camera Not Connecting. If after connecting the camera with a USB cable, it's not not working with dslrBooth, try the following: Make sure there is no other applications such as EOS Remote running on your Mac. Also, make sure that there is no software set to auto start when the camera connects. Open the Mac app Image Capture, choose your. Leave your computer and camera connected through the USB cable. Connect the computer and the camera, and turn the power on the camera off and on again. 1. Click [File Explorer] in the taskbar in the lower-left part of the screen. 2. Select and right-click [PC] () on the displayed screen, and click [Properties] ( )

A problem with directly connecting your camera to the computer using a USB cable is that it may drain your camera's batteries if you do not have it connected using a power adapter. To get around this problem you can use a USB card reader, a small device with ports where you can insert the memory card that is used to store the pictures on your. Check that the supplied USB cable is connected securely at both ends (camera and computer). Try connecting the camera to another USB port on the computer, sometimes the computer will auto-detect the camera when another port is used. If you are not using the USB cable supplied with your camera it may be the cause of the problem, try another USB. I have a Canon Powershot SX530 digital camera with WiFi. On windows 8.1 Pro I was able to connect to my Toshiba Laptop to transfer pictures through the wireless. Since the Windows 10 upgrade, my computer can't discover the camera so I can not connect. The camera sees the computers on the network 1. if you have card reader port in your computer, you can take out the card and insert the card reader you can copy your images. 2. can you restart your computer and in put cable from your camera connect to the computer fisrt and turn on the computer. 3. if 2 solution can not you must install the canon software to read your camera Connect your Canon camera memory card to the computer whether by a memory card reader or by connecting the Canon camera itself to the computer. Select the memory card and hit Scan. In this case, you will choose the file of the memory card. Step 3. Please hold until the software scan your Canon camera memory card to search for the lost files

Connect Cameras to Your Studio PC or Mac To connect your cameras to Livestream Studio, you must have a supported capture device (unless you are using a webcam), a video cable that is compatible with your camera (HD-SDI cable, HDMI cable, etc.), and any necessary cables to connect your capture device to your computer With the Camera Connect app, you can use your mobile device to shoot remotely with your Canon camera. Compose your shot, set the zoom, focus, self-timer and more through Remote Live View Shooting, then release the shutter - all from your smartphone or tablet. The photos and videos will be saved on the camera 1) Format the memory card with the camera before using it for the first time. 2) Take photos/video. 3)Download the memory card content to your computer using a USB card reader if the computer does not have a built-in card reader. 4)Verify the transfer was a success. 5)Back up the files on your computer to another hard drive (or CDs Wireless communication is not available while the camera is connected via an interface cable to a computer or other device. Other devices, such as computers, cannot be used with the camera by connecting them with an interface cable while the camera is connected to devices via Wi-Fi EOS Utility will also give you the ability to shoot tethered and control the camera from your computer. Your other option is to use a card reader instead. Does Canon not have a PTP/Mass Storage connection preference? Serious question; I haven't connected a Canon DSLR via USB, don't own one myself, so I've never checked the menu

2) When you can view the video from your camera with the wire, log in the parameter(for PC) or advanced(for cellphone) settings, does the camera find WiFi signal around? (should be found) 3) When you choose SSID for camera, please set it the same as SSID of the router you need to connect.Make sure your SSID number didn't inclued the special. Also, it helps you to use your smart device to browse, transfer, and manage images on your Canon photo storage devices. In this guide, you will see below for compatible models as well. Use a simple method below to install and download the Canon Connect for PC, Mac, Windows easily This section describes how to connect the camera to a computer via Wi-Fi and perform camera operations using EOS software or other dedicated software. Install the latest version of software on the computer before setting up a Wi-Fi connection.. For computer operating instructions, refer to the computer user manual Step 1: Press ctrl+alt+del combo on your PC. Select ' Task Manager ' on the next screen. Step 2: Once the task manager opens, scroll down until you find Snap Camera. Click on it to select the app. Hit the S key to jump between programs whose names start with S, to eventually land on the Snap Camera app in the list W hether you want a professional look for your livestreams or simply to look better on your next video chat, one of the best options is to use a dedicated camera with excellent video specs—such as your Canon EOS DSLR, mirrorless, or PowerShot camera. To help facilitate the process Canon has introduced the EOS Webcam Utility for connecting the camera to a computer

The procedures for connecting the camera to the computer running Windows OS with a USB cable (camera end: Mini-B), and saving images to the computer are explained below. IMPORTANT Depending on the camera model, a USB cable may not be included with the camera Step 1: Insert a fully charged battery or an AC adapter into your camera or camcorder. Step 2: Connect the HDMI cable to your video capture card, then plug in the USB cord from the capture device into your computer. Step 3: Connect the smaller end of the HDMI plug to your camera's HDMI port. Step 4: Turn on your camera/camcorder and put it into Movie Mode, if applicable Choose CONNECT (not camera) in Facebook live and take that info into OBS Project etc). The key to remember is that the Canon EOS M50 is simply acting as a viewer, not as a camera, in this scenario. Once you have connected the camera to your computer, and have the software driving it to a broadcasting platform etc, everything else says the same

To connect to a computer via Wi-Fi using a Wi-Fi access point, see the camera's Wi-Fi (Wireless Communication) Function Instruction Manual. The Instruction Manuals can be downloaded from the Canon Web site Once your computer restarts your read to use your Canon DSLR or mirrorless as a webcam. In all applications that let you select a webcam you'll see EOS Webcam Utility as a camera option. Selecting the EOS webcam utility in Zoom. Note the EOS Webcam Utility will always show up regardless if you have a camera plugged in or not Connecting the D3500 to Computer with USB Cable. This is the simplest method for downloading photos and videos from your D3500 to your computer. And it doesn't require buying another accessory. It just uses the micro-USB cable that comes with the camera Asked by Guy T from Glendale. Dec 12, 2015. Flag as inappropriate. How does it physically connect to my Canon DSLR Satechi is a consumer electronics brand located in San Diego, California, leading the way in sleek USB Type-C products & modern tech accessories ⚡

History. Computers do not recognize drives (memory cards is essentially a thumb drive) due to formatting (MBD) issues. That neither a PC or a Mac can read the format could be caused by a camera writing a proprietary format, or the card being damaged. The only other possibility for why a Mac could not read a format is that it is formatted NTFS. Hi, I just bought Canon EOS 250D Rebel SL3. I am having a hard time connecting to my iPhone and my Macbook air. I order a cable to connect to computer but for iPhone should I use canon camera connect read mor Two important notes: first, the Auto send images to computer function only occurs when the camera is turned ON (or if the camera wakes up from sleep); with the Canon Image Transfer Utility 2 software discussed here, the EOS M50 is not able to actively send each shot as it's taken to a nearby host computer. And, there are two additional. I changed the preferences on iphoto and plugged in my camera again, turned it on and it started reading the pictures, not with the default software - Image browser - I always use for downloading pictures from my EOS Rebel XT camera to my macbook, but with this other software run by Epson, which I think it comes with the drivers of my Epson printer

This section describes how to connect the camera to a computer via Wi-Fi and perform camera operations using EOS Utility (EOS software). Install the latest version of EOS Utility on the computer before setting up a Wi-Fi connection.. For computer operating instructions, refer to the computer user manual Connect a camera, iPhone, or iPad to your computer. Make sure the camera or device is turned on and the camera is set to the correct mode for importing photos. For information on which mode to choose, see the instructions provided with your camera. If your camera has a sleep mode, make sure it's disabled or set to a time span long. Connecting a camcorder to Mac is not very complicated and is not so different from connecting it to a PC, but it must be done properly in order to achieve a good result. This way, it is advisable that you make sure to be informed on whether the connection method works and how to follow the right steps before actually connecting them Turn on your camera and connect it to the computer with the supplied USB cable. Check the computer to see if it recognizes the camera: Microsoft® Windows® operating systems: check if an additional icon appears on the PC or Computer window.. macOS® or OS X® operating systems: check if an additional icon appears on the desktop Ensure the camera is set properly in the menu to use the USB connection. NOTE: Some cameras must have the USB Connect option in the menu set to Normal, Mass Storage, or PTP. Turn the camera off and then back on again; the computer cannot recognize the connection unless the camera is on. If the issue is not resolved, reinstall the USB driver

Solved: Windows 10 Won't Recognize Canon Camera Fixed

I just read the instructions from Canon and it says to use a separate audio cord from the camera out/headphone jack to computer. USB does not support audio from camera. i have been working on using DSLR as webcam this last week. My Happauge Colosus capture card sees DSLR fine, Audio/Video via HDMI, and shows Youtube and Twitch as streaming. Install the appropriate drivers and utilities, included on the accompanying CD-ROM, based on the operating system on your computer. For more information on installing the driver through a USB connection, see Printing from a Computer (Windows), Printing from a Computer (Mac), or Sending a Fax from a Computer (Windows) Connect the camera directly to the computer; do not use a USB hub or keyboard. Make sure that the computer does not display a message stating that copying is in progress and that the indicator lamp is out before turning the camera off or disconnecting the USB cable (if the number of images copied is very large, the indicator lamp may remain lit. Connect a camera, iPhone or iPad to your computer. Make sure the camera or device is turned on and the camera is set to the correct mode for importing photos. For information on which mode to choose, see the instructions provided with your camera. If your camera has a sleep mode, make sure it's disabled or set to a time span long enough. Steps to transfer videos from the camera to PC/Mac using File Explorer: Step 1: Connect your camera to your PC/Mac using a cable. Step 2: Open File Explorer (Windows + E key). The connected camera will appear under Computer. Click the Camera icon to open the card SD card folder

Tethering problems: the camera does not connect

So please unmount your memory card from your Canon camera and connect it to your computer in advance. 2Now, just choose the location (drive) where you wish to perform the recovery operation and start the process. Scan the camera SD card; Your Canon camera memory card will be scanned thoroughly to search for all your lost photos and videos images. My camera says BUSY on the screen on top of the camera when I first plug it in to the computer but after about 10 seconds it goes back to the normal display and doesn't download anything. I'm not sure if it is a camera problem, lead problem (both are new) or MAC problem. Any help greatly appreciated. Thank Step 3. Turn off wifi on canon rebel t7. Now take your camera and navigate to the main menu > Wi-Fi/NFC setting. Make sure that the Wi-Fi/NFC is turned off. This is important because when Wi-Fi/NFC of the Canon vlogging camera EOS Rebel T7 is turned on, file transfer is disabled by default. Connect Canon Rebel T7 to Computer

Perspectives – glazz

Connecting the Camera To a Computer Using a USB - Cano

When the camera is connected to the computer USB port and powered on, the USB MODE or Mass Storage connection message should always appear on the camera screen. If USB MODE or Mass Storage does not appear, the camera is not being recognized by the computer. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem: Turn off the camera. Wait 30 seconds Place it inside of your camera, and click 'format'. 4. After the card is formatted, take it out of your camera and put it into your computer. 5. Copy the firmware update file to the main folder of your SD or CF card. This main folder is the root directory or top level of your card

EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 is a software solution which unlocks webcam-like capabilities for select EOS Inter-Changeable Lens and PowerShot cameras. By connecting your Canon camera to a computer with a USB cable, the camera will. Luckily, there are some options to transfer photos from a camera to your desktop computer or laptop easily. It's truly wired-free. Contents [ show] 1 Transfer photos from camera to computer via WiFi. 2 If your camera doesn't have WiFi. 3 If you don't want to use the SD card slot for WiFi. 4 Or just put the SD card to your laptop Control your Canon, Fuji, Nikon, and Sony camera with an iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac or Windows computer. CamRanger 2 More powerful features and faster WiFi speed with support for Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, and Sony on iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows Transferring photos to and from the Connect Station CS100 is as easy as connecting your mobile device via the new mobile app^^, tapping the CS100 with your NFC-equipped* Canon camera or camcorder, using the available SD/CF card slots and USB connection^, or through a web browser from your smartphone, tablet and PC.* Once loaded onto the Connect.

Camera not working? How to turn on camera on Mac (Tutorial

The easiest way is plug the camera into your computer via a usb lead (you can pick one up from any camera or electronic store) be sure to take your camera in to get the correct one. Once connect the camera should show up as an external drive and you can navigate onto the camera and copy and paste the photos you want to keep the g16 will be the first camera I have owned that does not seem to come with a cable connection to my computer. I assume therefore, after reading the online manual that the only way to get the pictures onto my computer is with the wifi 2. tap on the camera profile found (The one that shows your camera name/Nickname/MAC Address) 3. on the camera, tap OK when it wants to connect to the phone 4. the camera will say, Connection. 1. Connect your camera or memory card to your computer. This is a simple step. You can usually connect your camera directly to your computer or just take out your memory card and stick it into a card reader that is connected to your computer. The usual connection is via USB

Canon Knowledge Base - Troubleshooting for when the EOS

EOS M50 PC connection issue. Mar 17, 2019. Just got my new M50 and faced some troubles. When I connect it with USB cable to my PC and turn the camera switch on, the display of the camera turns on, and it shows me the PC connection image. The only reason I connect it to PC is image transfer, so I don't need the display to be active at all The Canon IFC-200U USB Interface Cable enables you to transfer your camera pictures to a computer fast. The cable connects to your camera and to the USB port on your PC or MAC Computer. Comes standard with the EOS 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 5D Mark II, 7D, 60D, 50D, 40D, Rebel T2i, Rebel T1i, Rebel XSi and Rebel XS The EOS Utility allows you to control your Digital Rebel through your computer, as well as download photos from it's memory card. Locate the aforementioned CD, install the Canon EOS Utility, connect & turn on your camera, and start the EOS utility. If you simply want to download every photo on the camera, press the button labeled Starts to. NOTE: Before you continue with the initial setup of the Night Owl Connect App and product pairing, ensure that your Wi-Fi router is transmitting signals at 2.4Ghz band. Currently, some products are not compatible with Wi-Fi signals of 5Ghz or above. ii. Creating an Account . a. Tap Get Started. b. Next, you must agree to the terms and conditions to use the App. Tap Agree to continue The Canon IFC-400PCU USB Interface Cable enables you to transfer your camera pictures to a computer fast. The cable connects to your camera and to the USB port on your PC or MAC Computer. Comes standard with the EOS 1Ds Mark III, 1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark II, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark II, 5D Mark II, 7D, 5D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, Digital.

How to connect the camera to a computer - Canon Globa

EOS Utility also allows you to remotely operate the camera from your computer using either a USB cable, via Wi-Fi if your camera includes it or via a separate Wireless File Transmitter (excludes EOS M). EOS Utility is included in the initial software setup for your EOS camera. To access the latest software version please select your product and. My Canon 6d has the same issue. I have 3 usb ports on my new laptop. All three recognize my wireless mouse, so the usb ports are good. My camera connects fine to another computer. For some reason, if I connect my camera to one of the usb ports, then restart the computer, it recognizes the camera. The other 2 ports still won't work Hi there, I am having a very weird issue when recording video with my newish panasonic lumix g7. I can record video with it fine and I never get any errors while recording. I can also view my videos fine but only on the camera. When I pop out my sd card and put it in my computer all my footage shot in 1080p does not appear

What to Do When Windows 10 does not Detect the Camera (EOS Ra

If you want to use your Canon 70D with a wifi connection, enable your camera's wifi. When you get to the choice of camera access point and infrastructure mode, choose infrastructure mode. The 70D's network list will then pop up with all of the wifi hotspots near you. Click on your wifi connection and then type in the password Mac Users - Double-click the [Canon_IJ] icon mounted on your desktop. When the selection window opens, click [SETUP] to start the software download link. If you do not have the installation CD that came with your product, you can download the manuals and software by selecting your product from the PIXMA range page. 2 Regardless of the type of photo software you choose, you can take the following approaches to downloading images from your Canon EOS Rebel T3 or T3i to your computer: Connect the camera to the computer via a USB cable. The USB cable you need is supplied in the camera box. Use a memory card reader. [

Connecting Canon EOS 600 D to Mac? - Apple Communit

This is normal when connected to the computer. After you are finished uploading pictures to your PC: 1. Close camera window 2. Turn off Camera. 3. Unplug cable from camera. This has alwasy worked great for me. If your camera is still showing busy, try taking out the battery / put back in. Then reformat your Memory card via camera menu Jun 23, 2020. #1. Hi there, New to this forum so sorry if this has already been answered. I have the canon m50 and I'm wanting to use it as my webcam fo relive streaming. I have tried the Canon WEB utility but it doesn't show in OBS for some reason First, Power off your Canon camera.Remove the SD card from your camera. Second, Insert the SD card to your computer SD card slot if there is one.If not, you need to connect the SD card to your computer via a e-card reader or you just keep the SD card to your camera and connect your camera to compute via a USB cable Yes I can connect my mac to my wireless router, and my camera to the same router. Then the camera can access the ftp server on the mac. You will probably need to use ip address of the mac as the ftp server address, not the name. For my own sanity I would often assign a fixed IP address to the mac First and foremost, you will need a USB cable to connect your camera to your computer. Plug it into both devices and turn on your camera. Now, open desired Lightroom catalog in which you want to import your photographs as you capture them, and choose Start Tethered Capture from File->Tethered Capture menu